Bake a delicious dairy free, gluten free and nut free treat that helps boost lactation and is safe for babies with sensitivities! The traditional combination of galactagogues such as oats, flax and brewers yeast make these perfect for nursing mothers but they are great to share with your whole family too!
Want to lean more about galactagogues? Check out this resource from La Leche League
Blueberry Lactation Muffins
- 1 ¼ cups gluten free oat flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ½ cup ground flax
- 3 tablespoons brewers yeast
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup raw honey
- ⅓ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1 ¼ cup blueberries plus more for topping
- 1 tablespoons oat flour
- Preheat oven to 350·F. Line muffin tins with liners or spray with oil. I like to use my butter wrappers that I save in the freezer to grease pans!
- Whisk together the oat flour, tapioca flour, ground flax seed, brewers yeast, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk. together eggs, honey, vanilla, almond milk, coconut oil and lemon juice until smooth and well combined. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Gently mix blueberries with 1 tablespoon of oat flour to keep from sinking. The batter will be very thick. Fold berries into batter.
- Use a large spoon to fill the prepared muffin liners all the way to the top, but not over the top. It should fill 9 to 10 muffin cups. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Transfer muffin tin to a wire cooling rack and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes then remove the muffins from the tin and allow to cool completely or serve warm.